financial institutions        public sector        commercial        mixed use & residential

    Clyde Hill Residence

This new 6,500 SF house started with the demolition of an existing 1953 house and modifications to a well-established yard.  Located in West Bellevue on the edge of Clyde Hill, the ¾ acre site backed onto a public green belt and had a stream running along the eastern edge.  The 5-bedroom, 4-bath house includes gracious entertaining spaces, a gourmet kitchen, spacious family room and game room, as well as a formal living room.  The entry gallery provides space for a collection of large art pieces. An oversized 3-car garage with shops and storage rooms is below the bedroom wing. A large patio with waterfall and Koi pond leads to a spacious yard that is protected by a now 60 year old evergreen hedge.

Construction started with the removal of the existing garage on the site and the building of 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a large master suite above the garage and shop area.  When complete, the remainder of the house was demolished and the new living, dining, kitchen, family room, recreation room, study and other spaces were added.







    
 
   
 
© 1995 - 2017 THE DRIFTMIER ARCHITECTS, PS